1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cost for health insurance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ant, Jun 21, 2006.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

what a price for health insurance for 3 kids 9,11,13 and myself and wife?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

In NJ, it's gonna be at least a grand Anthony...I pay over $400 for just myself with Horizon BC/BS.
  3. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

if you live in NY anyone go to healthyny.com and apply i pay 212 for myself instead of 424
  4. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Even though it's unpopular in a lot of circles, I see no way the U.S. is going to avoid some type of national health care in the not too distant future. My medical insurance for my wife and I (kids grown w/kids) is over $5,400 a year notwithstanding the deductible. Last year, for medical insurance, drugs, and uncovered medical cost, we spent well over 10g's with no major medical costs. It's tough on us and we're financially better off than most folks with kids at home. I don't see any way the average family can afford medical insurance while the employers pass more medical insurance cost to the employee. Say what you want about the Canadian health plan; I think by necessity we're headed that way
  5. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

All things consitered, I have to agree with bobby gedd on this one. (of coarse he didn't respond to this but has made his point known in the past, for any newbies) Over the last twentyfive years I've paid over 200k for insurance. And you know what? I've never got anything for it outside a checkup now and then, and of coarse "they" required it.
    I know there are those that think "but what if?) and frankly I don't care anymore. All that cash that I've given them over the years could have built up to quite a sum that I could have had some use for. What a scam insurance is! If what I paid was treated like equity in a home I would have the bigest house on the block. But ya know, well, it's all pi$$ed away. Well that's my .02 anyway.

And if you think about it. Where does all that money go?
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

MY health insurance payments = $0

IF I get so sick that I need medical care, then so long that THEY transport me to the hospital against my will (meaning that even thou I do not resist physically, I do let them know I do not wish to go and yes you have to mean it), the bill is not my responsibility because I did not want to go / be taken in... But they do, OH yes sir we INSIST that you go to the hospital or we will have to use force on you because now we can not let you die here, I love that stupid oath.

Thank you now.
  7. Desertdweller

Desertdweller LawnSite Member

We are looking into now also. For my wife and I its going to be around $500. Thats with a high deductible and no maternity coverage.

While it may be cheaper in Canada, I don't feel like waiting 6 months to get looked at or over a year for surgery. Say what you want but the U.S. still has the best healthcare delivery system. Not perfect but better than the others. Quit wasting the billions that the gov. does each year and we could supplement the costs.
  8. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

You are such a simplistic and short sighted fellow. I suppose when you get some terminal disease and require medications on a daily basis, it will be ok because you wont want those either? Or, maybe you wont have to worry about it because you will be dead before they can diagnose it.
    :dizzy: :drinkup:
  9. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Dont need health insurance huh?

What happens when you have a heart attack. $200,000 might cover it if youre lucky.

How about a disease or cancer that requires thousands of dollars in meds every month? Then what?
  10. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, quit stealing my stuff. lol