Cost not being an issue what is the best 36" WB and/or stander and why?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Exact Rototilling, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Must be a 36" and NO :nono: ZTR or riders except for standers.

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Ok . . :rolleyes:

Toro 36 WB T bar hydro with fold up stander?

Quick Dually 36 with new no jack knife sulky?

Wright Stander 36?

Skag 36 with sulky?

3. Pastaboy62

Pastaboy62 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Scag 36 and I like it a lot. It is belt driven but they almost never slip. Also, with the 15hp Kawasaki, it never bogs down. I don't have a sulky, but it seems like I can mow in 3rd gear forever.

4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

all that have been mentioned are great. i have no experience w/ standers, or the quicks but see nothing but good reviews on them. i would shy away from the scag unless you get the new V-pro, the pistol grips will kill your hands otherwise scag makes great machines. i had a 36" toro t-bar and loved it. it was a belt drive and we had a sulky and it pulled 200+lb guys just fine. 15 hp is plenty too.

5. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

i like the 36 stander, it will change your perception of work.

6. jklawns

jklawns LawnSite Member

The 36 stander hands down. I picked one up this year and for around half acre lots and down this thing is great. It really takes the work out of the job. Standing isint as bad as it sounds. I demoed a rider and then mowed with the stander and it was night and day as far a comfort

7. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I tried out Standers and love to drive them but if you demand the most perfect cut, Exmark Turf Tracer HP. I have seen some nice cuts coming from the newer Scags too. I just dont think you can beat the TTHP for cut quality and thats why I bought mine. Standers usually have issues with cut.

8. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

SCAG---simply the best!!!!!!

9. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

this question might matter some....what kind of turf are you maintaining? different mower perform better on different turf, so i think this should be an important factor to make educated replies to your initial question

10. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Been using standers,there great machines. The cut is pretty good and there not so bad on hills. If your gonna go with a walk-behind try out Gravelys Prosteer 36 hydro with a proslide awesome machine and cuts great. The Exmark TThp is also a proven winner