Cost of a sprinkler system

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ztoro, Nov 4, 2003.

1. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

I live an NJ and was wondering what it would cost to have a sprinkler system installed.

I have about 0.9 acres which includes a house and driveway on that .9 acres.

No sidewalks to go under dont need to run any lines under the driveway. Its pretty much wide open.

What is a ballpark estimate for getting a sprinkler system installed

2. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

$45,500...give or take a few pennies...

brian

3. ztoro

why so much? are you going to stand in my front yard and water the lawn with spray hose for the rest of your life?

4. Jroctx

Jroctx LawnSite Member
    from Austin

Brian, you have some very competative rates for such specs. Probably add another $10K down here.

5. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

They are just kidding with you. The variables are so great it is impossible to give an estimate. What do you have for a point of connection? How many zones does it need, is it all lawn, what about planting beds, how much pressure and flow are there? All this goes into consideration.

There are guys that will figure the smallest number of zones to cover the ground and then times that by a predetermined number for a price. Probably end up with a problem system where the shrubs get watered with the lawn, too many heads on a zone, etc. Each system needs it's own design and therefore it's own price. Hard to do via email.

Best bet is to call licensed guys, get estimates and then check out some of the systems they have done in the past.

6. greenworldh20

dude,

for the right price i WILL travel.

brian

7. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

:D LOL

8. ztoro

so for 45K you will come down and water my lawn with a spray hose everyday?

9. ztoro

"DUde" it says on your site I can get a 5% discount if I mention I was on your website...... Make that 43K. make sure you get here early with your spray hose.....

10. greenworldh20

like i said...have irrigation crew...will travel.

brian:blob4: