cost of backpack blowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brian B, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

i was wondering the cost of some backpack blowers and i cant find a few of them. What is the cost of: Echo PB 755, Stihl BR600, Redmax EBZ 8001?

i think the Echo is around $450 but i dont think i am going to go with Echo for the blower. prolly stihl or redmax.

thank you
    brian

2. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Bought my BR-600 for just under 500 after tax. I think it was like 460 before tax? Maye a little more or less. I think when I looked at redmax it was well over 500 somewhere in the 600 range not sure though. Someone else should know!

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

well i just got 4 redmax 8001 for 2,000. br600 was 509.0

4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

BR600 was $501 after tax

5. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

6. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

I think tey are all around 500.

7. yz250fpilot

yz250fpilot LawnSite Member

I just got my 8001 yesterday. $484 on ebay, with free shipping.:drinkup:

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The echo goes for $480 or so depending on where you get it.

I cant understand some of these people who buy stuff online only to save a few bucks. I can get a redmax ebz8001 from my dealer for $499. I cant see how saving a whoping $15 (or like $45 after taxes) is a big deal. If I should have problems, my dealer will help me out and be nice to me. If I walk in and tell him I got it online, Its not gonna be what he wants to hear.

Were all in business (lco's and dealers). I support my dealer and he does his best to support me! JMO

9. dmanb2b

dmanb2b LawnSite Member

let me ask this...if you were shopping for a car, would you buy it from your local dealer, even if the cost was 10% higher than let's say a dealer 50 miles from you? My guy has no problem fixing equipment bought online, as long as I pay him labor and parts...and since i purchased from an authorized dealer...so be it online...there are no warranty issues either.

10. dmanb2b

dmanb2b LawnSite Member

fyi...i got the echo 755T for $429 shipped...no tax