Cost Of Doing Business

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LB Landscaping, Jun 9, 2004.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I was playing around with some numbers tonight trying to make up a spreadsheet that shows my cost of doing business. When figuring the cost of a certain item how do you guys figure the time? I am figuring the costs for yearly, monthly, weekly, daily, and hourly. Do you use your average days worked for to figure your weekly costs for example???? Anyone got any cool formulas or spreadsheets????
  2. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

It takes a few years of good record keeping until you can look back at the numbers over a period of time to figure approximate costs of doing certain tasks. I don't have any formulas, that would be nice. There are too many variables. I tend to have my crews working on the same type of job all day (mowing all day, spraying all day, landscaping etc). I record the numbers, and subtract the costs and get an average of what it costs me to have a crew doing the same job all day. I also figure in things such as utilities, insurance etc.. From these numbers you can approximate what your daily weekly or monthly costs are. It sure seems that there are lots of "costs" to subtract.