1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cost of Fire wood

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Drew Gemma, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

How much do you get per load of split wood!
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

It's around $120-$130 per cord around here. Not worth the effort in my mind.
  3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

In my area its around 210 delivered and stacked. Worth the effort for me..
  4. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We are selling face cords for $75 picked up, $120 delivered, $165 delivered and stacked..

Have seen it being sold for as little as $30 face cord picked up and $40 delivered.. Ridiculous! :realmad:
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Firewood needs to be handled too much and not worth it around here.
    $210 is a good price for delivered and stacked, people would not pay that here.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We get cords of good hardwood around here for 45-50 bucks. 75 delivered.
  7. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Around me, the low end is $140 full cord delivered, high end is $185 full cord delivered. This is just dumped, NOT stacked. Few guys around me will stack, even if you add $35 most think the labor is not worth it. Actually, this year with the fuel prices I wouldn't be surprised if some were around $200.

I've never sold firewood, the amount of labor involved is too much for a good return in my situation. Most of the firewood guys are either tree services that are being paid to move the wood anyway, or part time guys who just sell some cords for extra cash.
  8. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I get 15 cords of 8ft length oak delivered for $65 a cord. I cut and stack, no splitting as it burns longer if I leave it whole. We heat with an outdoor woodboiler, heats the house, shop, & our hot water.

9. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

in is $200 here just dumped on your property. What a bargain NOT!!
  10. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

My feelings exactly!! The real sad thing is when I was going to trade school 79/80, the 1900's, it was selling for about the same price in our area. I used to pick up a cord and deliver it when I came home weekends. Twenty five years later and the same price. Matt