Cost of forming an LLC

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RScapes, Dec 10, 2012.

1. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

500 is high for fill in the blanks. You can do the filing on your own and get the corporate kit, seal etc from m burr keim. will have all the docs in a three ring binder. Here is a sample of the Pa docs. They should have one for your state
    http://www.mburrkeim.com/forms/forms.html

2. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

By the way, and you can bring this up with your attorney, most solos think they are insulated from liability with an llc or s corp. That is not true. Purpose of entity is to limit liability however if you are a solo, meaning the person actually the performing the work, and creating the liability, the corporate entity will not serve to insulate you from liability, in my opinion.

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Nothing stops anyone from suing you. Nothing stops you from going after the crazy attorney too.

Having said that, I am considering a umbrella policy over my home, business and auto policies

4. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

A DBA(doing business as) with insurance , which you will have anyway is the same protection. No need to throw your money away to the government. You are a small solo just starting out, makes no sense to act all big and look my big llc company. You are not a company, it's just you. Chill out and get work before anything and do a good job end of story.

5. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

ill second that. ive been doing this for 4 years, going on 5 this spring, and i just now have enough work to where im in the position to where i pretty much have to form an llc.

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I just spent some time on Texas SOS online and you can do many filings line now.

The cost to create a company is $300.00 plus you need to search to see if the name is available. Just go to the Secretary of State and read a little. It seems intimidating but you need to get use to it.

I am going to file an assumed name on line as soon as my deposit clears.

7. BigTrucks4Life

BigTrucks4Life LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Posted via Mobile Device

8. BigTrucks4Life

BigTrucks4Life LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

i just submitted mine and i went through a local law office. It was 375 for everything