1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cost of Irrigation System for 8,000 sq ft lawn

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by recycledsole, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

So you're just gonna tear up the new sod you put down? Shouldn't you have installed that first?

2. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

It might rain :)

Sod sucks, you should have seeded.

3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

$1,800?? That's cheaper than the craigslist hacks who advertise "irrigation systems installed $100 a head"

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I'm surprised when a professional forum begins posting prices online.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Doobs , where ya from? Amherst here.

6. doobs41378

doobs41378 LawnSite Member

The deduct meter is good, the water company sells them for $250 then come out and inspect it, then you can have your back flow put in then they come and inspect that, the deduct meter is also tied into a spigot I have in the back yard so I can fill my pool with and not have to pay sewer charges on that water. Where I live the sewer is alot more than the actual water charges.

7. doobs41378

doobs41378 LawnSite Member

Manchester here...

8. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

well, technically he did say COST...so yeah, parts would be in the ballpark around $1800

as far as installation goes, it depends on the set up...if you are using rotors and sprays, you could possibly have 8 zones...if you go with MP's, you could possibly have 4 zones...doubt this system could be put in for under 4k...probably peaking around 6k...keeping in mind i have never seen this yard

and yes, this forum it touchy...even touchier than the hardscaping forum

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

oops.discretion is the better part of....:
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  10. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Were you planning on doing this or price shopping for the customer? If you can post a detailed drawing of the watered areas, water pressure, water source (from dedicated meter, tap off of house & etc) we might could give a general idea. Like someone said the system should have been installed before sod