Cost of labor per/hour

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Moretta Lawn Care, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Moretta Lawn Care

Moretta Lawn Care LawnSite Member

What are you guys charging in labor per man hour? Just trying to see what everyone is charging becasue sometimes I feel that I am underestimating my abilities and charging too little.

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp LawnSite Member

$8-10 for just lawn care workers as well as plantings, mulch, etc. Anything over $11 for someone who is qualified to do install work (hardscape, sprinklers, etc.) and not have to be watched like a little kid.

Ken

3. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

$50 per hr for general labor up to $120 per hr for union equipment operator

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i hope that is what you are paying and not what you are charging...................

We get $35.00/hr for unskilled labor PLUS EQUIPMENT
    then for skilled labor is more... ranging from $45.00-65.00/hr depending on what they are doing..

all this is labor.. we then add equipment.

5. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

well this might be off but i am a solo act and i charge 50/hr for the skid/tractor/ and me. i always try to have a machine on sit so i can charge for it even when i am shovling or raking

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

We charge $55 per man hour for all landscape construction and new irrigation system installs.

For most maintenance work we also charge at a rate of $55.

Irrigation repair work; $65 per man hour plus materials. We have a full time irrigation repair tech. with a fully stocked service van. So for most repair jobs we can show up, do the work, and leave, without ever having to go to get materials.

7. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp LawnSite Member

YardPro,

Ya sorry, Im ********, definitely miss understood the post. $55 per/hr for land care related stuff and the installation part is variable depending on what were doing. Sorry to confuse people.

Ken

8. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

How do you add in the equipment?(how much?)

9. greenerdreams

greenerdreams LawnSite Member

it seems that the average rate people are willing to pay around here is $30 to $50 per hour, sometime higher if we do bid jobs. But as all others said, it depends on the work. I feel there has to be a sliding scale for different jobs.

10. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

we went form 35 to 40 an hour this year for our labor but we dont use heavy eqpt, We dont charge any extra for heavy employees tho.