1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cost of liability ins.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Twotoros, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I have a quote for 645$ a year which is based on 35k of payroll and up to three employees including myself. Does this sound ok?

2. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds a little steep based on your payroll, but they may be adding in your payroll if you're not a corp. It also may be your market.

shop it arond. Find an agent that can give you multiple quotes from different companies.

3. tailoredlook

tailoredlook LawnSite Member

Try National grange mutual. just over $500 for 1 mil policy plus payroll. $250 deduct.

4. Andy Miller

Andy Miller LawnSite Member

We are a small father and son part time business. I am sick to death of paying the same for liability insurance as the larger operators. Five hundred dollars a year for insurance is 10% of our gross. Why do we have to pay for 12 months of insurance for a 26 week business? This has put us out of business. The greed of the insurance industry and the lumping of all size business and the million dollar amount is TOO MUCH.:( :mad: :mad: