1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cost of Mulch Blower

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Gman2310, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I was wondering if any one has or has an idea on the cost of a mulch blower truck. Was thinking this could be a great add on.

Thanks

2. FSully

FSully LawnSite Member

3. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I considered it last year, and bull ****. Buy a turf maker hydro seeder. It is affordable and you cant beat hydro seeding. Get away from straw.
    mike

4. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We had an 8 yard Finn truck mount. When we bought the blower it had 250 hours on it. I was attached to a 1985 GMC C7000 and we paid $55,000. You can get a decent used 16 yarder for $75-$85K

Chris

5. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

My guy's top of the line, brand new Express Blower truck cost him $300,000

6. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

200-300K per rig, most def.

The County or State tandem-axle rig will sit behind yours with lights-ablaze and the flotilla of signage and orange cones while you fill in garden-area medians of roadways, the Fed. Courthouse, or Stadium with one hose operator laborer and one driver /backpack-blower operator per truck.

7. GLADULANDSCPING

GLADULANDSCPING LawnSite Member

Last year, so kid got into the machine to fix a clog and the machine went on, and it cut off his legs, and they couldnt get him out alive! I think the law suit is still pending, he had a fiancee and three kids! NOT BULLSHITTING

8. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

We just bought a demo truck for $225,000