Cost of new Lazer Z

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jackedf150, Feb 11, 2008.

1. jackedf150

jackedf150 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

What is the normal price of a new Lazer Z with 60" ultra-cut with 27 kohler, i seem to think that my local dealer is way over! they want $10,200 I told them to take a hike. Im buying 3 new ones and a 48" Viking, so i need to know the price as this will be expensive enough!
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

I wouldn't say the dealer's price is way over, but it is about $2-300 higher than list price. The higher price could be due to several reasons. Unfortunately, Exmark only can recommend prices, it's up to our distributors and dealers to determine pricing. Your best bet is to price check at other dealers in the area.

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

transportation cost is the reason (I think...that is what my dealer said) when I said hey why is your price 250.00 more than the msrp. I actually buy that explanation trucking is huge money these days. the closer you are from the point of origin the cheaper it might be.
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

an ultracut unit would be an AS lazer, and 10k is way too much. You should be able to get it for 8k, less for four units. My dealer had one last fall for 7800 and we are further from the plant than you are. BTW, good unit.
  5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The unit being discussed is NOT an AS unit. Rather, it is a full featured Lazer Z unit, so the price isn't out of line. jackedf150 may be able to qualify for our Fleet Program and get a little help w/ the price, but he needs to speak w/ his dealer about that.

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS LawnSite Member

I just got the same one priced up. 60" UC with 27kohler. $9200
  7. CleanCutMowers

CleanCutMowers LawnSite Member
    from SE MO

I got one priced up at $8700. BUt the AS was the better deal with the 60 ultracut 28 hp kaw for $7700.
  8. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I would opt for the AS for the price savings. It is still a very high quality machine with the same cutting deck and adequate HP. IMO you do not give up much going to the AS.