Cost of pavers vs concrete

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Marek, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the cost difference between a paver patio and a concrete patio.

2. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

This is a great question, I have been wondering the same thing. I have been planning on doing my front walk way, would love to do a paver walkway, but I was not sure what the savings would be if I went the concrete route.

Ron

3. Doug Z.

Doug Z. LawnSite Member

Up here, concrete can be done for $ 2 to 4 per square foot. Pavers go from $10 to ???

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure the cost of concrete around here, only sure thing is it is considerably cheaper than laying pavers. I have one customer I'm in the process of trying to sell now that is leaning to a stamped concrete patio because of the cost issue (I believe about one third the cost of pavers). Around here I get $15 on up per square foot for pavers.

5. Kohls Landscaping Co

Kohls Landscaping Co LawnSite Member

I was talking to a builder and I was asking him about stamped concrete. He said it goes for around $12/sq. ft. and up.

Dave

6. SPLC

SPLC LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Yep, pavers - $15/sf+

7. Drafto

Drafto LawnSite Senior Member

PIP concrete is around $5/sq.ft. in this area, stamped concrete hovers close to $10/sq.ft. And paver are from about $9 and up.

Dan

8. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

We won't pour for less than $9.00 per SF. Pavers can go for as little as 10, and up to $15.00 per SF. In many cases, Stamped sells for more than pavers.

Also, color dictates price. Some colors on the Davis chart can add $100.00 per yard to the mud cost.

9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

10. amvega

amvega LawnSite Member

Not sure about concrete cost. We install pavers from $10-$15 sq. ft. We tell are customers when they ask about concrete the only guarantee that you get with concrete is that it will get hard and crack. Which is the truth. So when you have to replace the concrete, pavers would have been cheaper in the long run.