cost of picking up the dog mess, curious question here!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassman177, Apr 28, 2010.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

You got it, was curious of who here offered pet waste removal on a weekly or bi weekly basis?
    always curious the charge for such a service and so forth. say and everage lawn of 9000ftsq (or at least the back yard) .

thanks for any indulgence on your parts:drinkup:

2. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have a set price, but I do make sure to look the property over for that and other obstructions and factor them into my bid!! Its a pain and makes the day "stink"

3. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

Here in the suburbs of Cleveland, there are services that do that. They charge a fraction of what we charge to mow. If my mower is not spinning the blades, I'm not making as much money as I can. In other words, I'm not picking up Fido's crap. Either pick it up, pay to have it picked up, or find another landscaper.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

In my case the mower does it for me.

5. rustyj

rustyj LawnSite Member

How's that work? I hate the fresh stinky **** when it gets in the tires
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

:eek: ;)
    That's gotta be nasty!
    I simply charge per poop. About $2 and just pick it up w/ the shovel.

7. topsites

It slings it, flings it, where it ends up nobody knows.
    Come to think of it thou, might be a way to keep tailgaters off my trailer.

Ain't nothing a face or a mouth full of fresh cut grass won't cure, my mowers stay covered,
    if it ain't grass its poop, most of it's just dirt, when I'm cutting grass it gets down right agricultural.

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that is pretty funny man, i like that.

serously though, would $15 per visit be a good price to charge for the average back yard per week. i am n ot intersted in doing so, but i have a friend that was thinking of offering this service to make extra cash and get like 10 or 15 customers a week. does that sound about right for 30 min of work and all the investment needed is cheap bags and a really good pooper scooper.?

9. topsites

Now we're talking, someone's thinking!
    Whole business in that, there's worse jobs out there, $15 for 30 maybe even $20 for bi weeklies lol
    there's a whole business in that, just have to have a nose for it.

Get an old car, something 4- cylinder, heck for the adventurous one could do this on a motorcycle,
    not to scare anyone but the last thing to have is a gas guzzler.

Probably less competition and little or no lowballing too :p
    Don't lay no bets on that just yet.

Peace out

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  10. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Tulsa a LC company started offering it for an additional $5 a yard. I have lost 2 customers because of it. They cut my charge of $35 to $25 and then added $5 for poop pickup. Lost the 2 customers in the same area. I was picking up the big stuff at no cost, but 1 of the customers has 3 dogs. The LC did a magnetic flyer on the mail boxes. The yards are 5k with some edging.