cost per acre

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clncut, Mar 24, 2005.

1. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

For those who bid by the acre, lets say you bid 50.00 per acre, does that include trimming and blowing in that cost or is that just mowing?

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

For us, our cost for 'mowing' a lawn always includes trimming and blowing away all trimmings...unless there was a special request to not do it by the customer.

3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

50 an acre? I hope thats just an example.

$4.00 per thousand sq ft.

4. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

yes, I just through that number out as an example.

5. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

So for an acre yard you mow for over 150 bucks? And youre in business? You would be lucky to get an acre yard for $50.00 to $60.00 here. The smaller homes maybe I could get $4.00 per thousand sq ft....but after so many thousand you have to have some sort of discount. After all an acre only takes maybe 20 -30 minutes to do everything.

6. packerbacker

I do a half acre lot bagged for $125.

I just picked up a 2 acre church i do for $295 a mow.

If they are willing to pay it then who cares?

And there is no way you can mow trim and blow an acre lot in 20 mins. Just aint happening.

7. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

If they are willing to pay that much more power to you. In my area of Michigan, I am getting $40.00 per acre as a solo. Must be nice to get that much.

8. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Do you also bake the homeowner cookies. If they are paying you 125 to bag .5 of an acre you must be providing one hell of a service. :dizzy:

9. packerbacker

Yes I do. Ill explain this again. Most people dont understand or refuse to.

Areas around the country are completely different. I can mow a half acre for 125. Does anyone here think I could go down to the ghetto and get that much for a half acre? I dont think so.

Just because we can get it here doesnt mean others LCOs around the country can.

People in Johnson County KS ( a suburb of KC) will pay out the ying yang to get their grass cut. They are that lazy they will do it. I have yards that take me 20-25 mins to mow , trim and blow and I charge them 40 -45 dollars. If they pay it then who cares?

10. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

He lives in Overland Park....
    I hope you aren't the guy he contracted to do his home or his Toyota dealership in Olathe...lol.. :p He is part owner! He is not lazy and has more money than Carter has pills.... payup :blush:

We had the discussion, about lawn care, his reply... "You mow grass for a living and I sell cars" He has a point...