Cost per hour for equipment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Services Unlimited, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Lawn Services Unlimited

Lawn Services Unlimited LawnSite Member

I am rebidding an account and looking for some equipment costs per hour to cover maintenance and down time. Example: I was using $10 per hour but I have been using this rate for the last three years. Thanks for any help you could give.
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

....$50/hr for equipment....Next you want me to tell you what to pay for your taxes, and removing a bush, and how much gas/hr is? I dont believe you either 1). Dont know how to figure that out, or 2). are to lazy to figure it out, and let us do it for you.

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

You have to think about repairs, parts, fliud changes, not to mention the eventual replacement of that peice of equipment, fuel...etc... Just do a quick rundown of those costs and do the appropriate math.

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

Give the guy a break trevor, its his first post and is that anyway to welcome a new guy , I suppose you knew everything as soon as you started this business didnt you . this forum is to help people in the green industry not bash them
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Welcome to the forum..........

What type of equipment are you speaking of?
    Our mowers run between $6-$9/hr. based on the expected life of the machine.It was $5-$8/hr.

If you're talking commercial mowers I'd think you're O.K. at $10/hr.
  6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Someone posted this on the forums. I saved the numbers, I suggest you do the same.

2 Cycle Trimmer = $2.16 per hour
    4 Cycle Trimmer = $1.49 per hour
    Edger = $4.39 per hour
    Handheld Blower = $1.39 per hour
    back pack blower = $2.08 per hour
    52'' walk behind mower= $4.64 per hour
    Z master 60'' = $7.97 per hour
    Push Mower 21'' = $2.02 per hour

I did not run these numbers to see if they are factual. Use them as an idea only.
  7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Boturf, it was a dunb question becouse as the guy stated;
    Which implies that he's had the account before or/and he's been in the biz for awhile. Either one he should know his cost whether its his 1st post or his 10,000th.
  8. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

can i ask a question.. what do you mean by hour guys? where r u charging pl a hr rate for equipment?