1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cost per hour

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by paul, Apr 17, 2001.

1. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Guys lets see what some of your cost per Hour to run a machine. This covers fuel, oil, filters, repairs, operator.
    If you run it yourself pay yourself.

2. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Paul,
    Skidloader without power attach=$50/hr
    Skidloader with Brillion=$60//hr
    Skidloader with power attach=$65/hour
    Tractor with or without attach=$50/hour

Thinking about an increase due to fuel prices, everybody else is adding a fuel surcharge to my orders.
    Scott

3. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i think my actuall cost per hour is about 35 to 40 per hour

i figure 20.00 per hour for cost of running machine and 15.00 per for operator

4. Matt

Matt LawnSite Member

We charge $50/hour for a compact with attachments, plus we add a trucking charge which is based on the distance of travel. We figure that this breaks down to $25 for the machine and $25 for the operator. If we rent a machine we charge accordingly based on rental cost, trucking and operating. I think any price for a machine is pretty cheap based on the amount of work that is completed in an hour as compared to doing it by hand.

5. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Just updated from our office,
    Skid loader
    operator $ 28.45 Per. Hr.
    machine $ 16.83 Per. Hr.
    Tractor
    operator $ 28.45
    Machine $ 12.34
    Mini Excavator
    operator 29.65
    Machine $ 25.36
    This is just the costs, fuel, oil, filter, payments.

Matt thats what you charge not your costs!

6. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

We charge $32.00 per hour minimum for mowing no matter what machine is being used (21" - 72") $40.00 per hour for our 12' Howard Price wide area machine. $40.00 per for jobs just requiring line trimmers. $40.00 per for our 751 bobcat w/out power attachment. $60.00 per for running our bobcat brushhog attachment. $60.00 per for our Case 90 XT w/out power attachment. $20 more for power attachment. $60.00 per for bobcat mini 337 Excavator. $60.00 per for 75 HP tractor and 10' bush hog. $40.00 per for any type of Landscape related job other than tree removal. Tree work runs $50.00 per minimum plus $10 t0 $20 for hauling off debris per trip. $30.00 per bucket of mulch installed up to 10 buckets then $20.00 for 10 or more. Lawncare related employees start at $7.50 and go up to $10.50 per. Landscape employees start same wage and go up to $12.50. This is where we are at for now.

7. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Ok looking for your COST PER HR
    Not what you charge.
    But what it cost you to run your equipment per HR.

8. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

I hate to say it but I do not have an accurate account of information pertaining to your specific question. I get it now. Just one of those things that I feed to finish putting together. Have a good one.