Cost per hour?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Soupy, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Can the guys at Hustler come up with some figures as to the cost per hour to run some of the mowers? I would be interested in the 52" Hustler Z and Super Z.

I also think this should be something listed in the manuals of all manufacturer. Appliance do it. Anyway when we buy a mower we don't always know the life expectancy. By the way what is the life expectancy of a Hustler Z with 23hp Kawi?

Basically if the manufacturers would do this it would help a lot of people know their cost of operating.

Cost of equipment + cost of parts to upkeep + fuel /divided by equipment expected life hours. I would also like to know the average fuel consumption per hour then we can adjust the gas figure by different gas prices.

I'm sure you guys already have these figures somewhere. Can you please post them for the public to see.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We have never released that info.
    Main reasoning being it can vary so widely from region to region and customer to customer.
    There are so many variables it would imposible to give any type of accurate estimate.
    I will pass this request on to the people that need to hear it and see what there opinion is on it currently.

Pj

3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I understand that they would not be accurate to the tee. But It would give a lot of new owners an idea what to factor in for mower expense. I understand that different cutting conditions would yield different life hours of the mower.

I understand that you can not put this in the manuals and say that it is written in stone. But I like how manufacturers will put things like "Mow's up to 7 acres an hour" etc.

I think you guys could come up with a better cost per hour then the new guy that has no idea what to expect. o body can get it to the tee. But if you take an honest life expectancy, the MSRP of the unit, the belts, filters, oil, etc that it takes to follow the maintenance schedule, the average fuel consumption per hour. You can come up with a number a lot easier then the new guy.

I understand that fuel will vary, but if you list the fuel consumption, along with the national average gas price that you used. Then the new owner can figure out the rest.

Or even if you just post it on here and put the normal clause that protects Hustler from any repercussions. You could do this just as a learning tool.

Or, If you list the life expectancy, fuel usage per hour, and the routine maintenance schedule, along with the MSRP. then i will do the math. Email me the info if it makes you feel better. Lets use a 52" mower with a 23 kawi for the example mower.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Like I posted above, I will link this post to the appropriate people and see what there position is on this.

Pj