1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

cost per SF to purchase Techo Elena?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Feb 8, 2013.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I called a local supplier today for a price for Techo Elena. Around $5.26 per square foot!

We do not do alotta paver installation anymore, but isn't that rather steep??

Many of our jobs are another brand. And the other brand has a paver style very similar to the Elena, and it's no more than $3.25 / sf.

Hey, I'm out for myself, and for me to say otherwise would be baloney. Really, a two dollar price difference?? I have a good feeling I know where much of this money goes, but I'm not gonna get on that kick today.

What are you paying for Techo's Elena? Has anyone else had to leave Techo due to the high cost?

I kinda wish we had Unilock more available here.

2. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

"Bologna...."

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

92 views thus far, and no one responded with what they pay for Elena pavers.

Anyone Anyone?

Does anyone here install interlocking concrete pavers??

Does anyone here know what an interlocking concrete paver is???

Anyone Anyone??

4. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

I just did a job w/ Hera and Atika and paid 5/square at the stone store. Crazy. Hard to make $$ in this field anymore.

5. Red Shed Landscaping

Red Shed Landscaping LawnSite Member

We don't have Techo around in this area but Uniloc we do. That stuff is more expensive ranging from $4-9 per square foot for us contractors. Regular cobble is more expensive than the other manufacturer we usually get so our supplier only does special orders for Uniloc since it is so expensive. I do like how nice their products are and wish I could sell more of it but most people want to go as cheap as they can. The main paver company we use only makes cobble and holland so it doesn't get very creative.

6. OSdb

OSdb LawnSite Member

I haven't used it but its $4.07 sq.ft. before tax.

7. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

We pay 3.87 for Elena What you were quoted is list it seems

8. joee0914

joee0914 LawnSite Member

$3.43 a sq/ft for Elena around here... Highest price I've seen it for was around $4.85

9. cnymowing

cnymowing LawnSite Member

Last year I was paying $4.04/SF if i purchased 4 or less pallets, $3.79/SF if I purchased more than 4 pallets.