cost per thousand

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by silverscapes, Jan 25, 2008.

1. silverscapes

silverscapes LawnSite Member
    from de

what are you guys charging per 1000sq just trying to make sure i'm in the right ball park:usflag:

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Secret. And besides, if you discuss prices the FBI could arrest you for price-fixing and collusion. Nevertheless, I have a stop charge, and a price per thousand,(which includes cost of chemical and the labor to apply it.) If you charge about what the major players charge you will be in the ball park.

3. silverscapes

silverscapes LawnSite Member
    from de

so is 5.00 a thousand in the ball park

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Depends on where you live and what your costs are!

You need to know two things to set your price:

1) Know all your costs
    2) Know how much profit you want to make

You can't really worry about what anyone else is charging.

EXAMPLE

If you were to use a guys prices that bought his inputs cheap, didn't have much overhead, and equipment was all paid for.

vs.

You are buying all inputs in season, renting a building, paying for a truck and equipment etc.... then you will be screwed!

See what I mean?

5. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Rodney, I could NOT disagree more! I don't care what the business is, knowing what the competition is chraging is of the UTMOST importance! This guy asked if 5/k is OK? Geeze, material cost alone is gonna be around 2/1k!

Even on 1000 acres, 5/1k is too low! Good grief! Sorry if I am over reacting, but this is a diseased toothless street ho's price for a small area applicator. Maybe I need a beer....

6. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Rodney, sometimes you crack me up...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. ted putnam

Whitey, you're cracking me up even more.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

8. ted putnam

silver, you need to start with a minimum price and go up in increments from there. I mean...an AC repairman's going to charge you a service call fee even if all he does is tighten a screw with a screwdriver. Don't short change yourself....

9. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

LOL, wow is there a IMUS in the House??...JK....Well, probably not on Long Island is $5/M enough, but in many markets $5.00 isn't that far off! Now likewise if your paying $2/M for Material then $5/M isn't going to be enough, but most here in Ohio aren't quite at $2.00 mark.............YET! LOL

10. ted putnam

My point with the minimum. Of course, if you'll do 3k for under 15 bucks, I'd be glad to hire you to do my lawns and I'll watch.....:laugh::laugh::laugh: