Cost Question???????

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by poolboy, Mar 1, 2006.

1. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

I recently got a quote from the owners of designoutpost.com to design and host a custom e-commerce website that includes a flash intro for $2065. All in all, it’ll be 7 pages with 4 of them being e-commerce. Keep in mind I’m not in the same line of work as you, but what do you think about the cost, considering I’m really not doing anything other than giving them information about the company and pics of the products I’m selling online. They are asking for 1/3 payment first to start the project.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Skip the flash intro, skip any flash and stick to basics because it will cost you more in lost traffic than it will gain, 90% guaranteed.
    Flash is a resource-consuming nifty-dandy that, if it were all that, Yahoo would be all flash but wisely, they're not.
    And, see what that does to the price because flash is a (*%&^ to deal with.

3. ESprinklers

ESprinklers LawnSite Member

I agree with Topsites... steer clear of Flash pages. They are not search engine friendly. A minor flash banner can be used, but if you can avoid even this I would.

As far as price goes, for a custom designed website, I guess it is a decent price. Seems a little high though for just 4 pages.

4. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

What's going to be on the 4 e-commerce pages that makes them different?