cost to mail flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Smitty58, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

Thinking about doing some mass marketing soon. We are looking at a couple of options, postcards, flyers etc. I like the flyer option and I thought I heard somewhere that postage rates for flyers are pretty low. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

2. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I understand unaddressed mail is not too expensive, addressed mail very expensive but neither comes close to Flyers. I can get flyers delivered for $45 a thousand.. 4.5 cents each.

3. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

THC- how do you get that rate? Is that the normal rate for flyers?

4. Marvelous Gardens

Marvelous Gardens LawnSite Member

He is probably paying someone hourly to distribute the flyers. I found a local company to mail my postcards for 13 cents a piece which I thought was fair, they did charge an ink fee, and a fee for the list, I just gave them the mailing routes I wanted to cover.

5. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I get them as inserts in newspapers and in ad bags. Local and city papers seem to match each others prices and they do the printing as well. (for extra of course)

6. rnd

rnd LawnSite Member

Talk to RND.SIGNS. We can answer all of your questions regarding mailers and flyers. See hundreds of print advertising ideas as well as professional photography for green industry at RNDSIGNS.COM. Request a FREE marketing book.

7. MiguelTX

MiguelTX LawnSite Member

It's called "bulk mail" aka 3rd Class