Costly start up equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jaygyno, Sep 27, 2006.

1. jaygyno

jaygyno LawnSite Member

Is there a such thing as buying wholesale mowers and ect to fight the high costs of these retail stores? Where do I go to buy the cheap stuff? Please give names and links

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

look at a Quick 36 betteroutdoorproducts.com...

3. cl&l c.c. Tx

cl&l c.c. Tx LawnSite Member

Buy used equipment, atleast the expensive stuff. I am a major lawn care sinner, I bought all my echo equipment at home depot. Honestly I haven't had a single problem with my trimmer, edger, or bp blower and I use them everyday.

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

you shop at a dealer that sells commercial equipment.....

5. GreenDragonLandscapes

GreenDragonLandscapes LawnSite Member

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I bought both of my first two Wb's used, then another used one, then a new one. (And got rid of the first two in the meantime). That was over 4 years time. Now today (yes literally) I just ordered my first Everride Warrior WooHooo and I got 36 months 0%.
    It takes time and money, then money and more time, then more time and more money lol, and so on... years, sigh...

But cheap it never is... The Warrior 60" 25hp kawi cost me more than my truck + trailer + BOTH my current Wb's combined...
    It is sick (but somehow I am laughing).

7. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Then you must have some really OLD stuff becuase a NEW warrior is like $10K.

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

9. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

topsites- cool... I just loaded and mowed my first lawn today with my new Everride Hornet 19 kawisaki... Very sweet machine...

And back to the thread, I'll sell you my mtd trimmer and craftsman blower cheap! Then I'll go get some new stuff with the commercial flavor:cool2:

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The way I look at it, buying commercial grade equipment from the start is the cheap way of doing it in most cases. You might save money with home-owner sears crap but when it brakes, it'll cost you money to get repaired (if it can be repaired), and it will lose you money while its down.

All the local dealers are decent to give back-up machines when possible depending on the type of equipment your have. But when you go to a dealer and say I bought this echo ..... at home depot, more than likely it will go in the back bay of the shop, and collect dust till the shop employees cant stand looking at it anymore. Then they will take there good old time repairing it and charging you even more money.

If you want decent cheap equipment, look at used commercial equipment. I steer clear of hardware stores OPE departments for purchases but it is funny to listen to what some peoples idea of a great heavy duty trimmer or blower is. LOL