Costs/ Hour Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chris W, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Chris W

Chris W LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Happy New Year All.

A little bored today and still to early to crack one... so I thought I would put a little spreadsheet together to HOPEFULLY help anyone who would like to track there costs.this was spurred on after reading Bobbygedd's thread and my belief it is essential you have a very clear view of all your costs and revenue sourses

You will need Excel to open this and you will find 4 sheets

1- Maintenance & Materials 12 months ...this alows you to work out costs with "material sales" over a 12 month period

2- Maintenance & Material 9 months ...this alows you to work out costs with "material sales" over a 9 month period

3 Maintenance only 12 months ...for those who do maint & snow

4 Maintenance only 9 months ... for those who ride the couch in the winter

Since I am still in the process of getting started in this I may have missed something ...so if this looks useful to you we can maybe as a group modify it so it will be an effective tool.

On the sheets you can plug in your own #s and there are preset formulas behind all the colored background,so dont change any of these.

Just plug in your #s and description where there is White background and it will spit out all your summary figures at the top

Cheers
    :drinkup:

Attached Files:

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice spread sheet Chris. I use Quickbooks Pro and can run reports to access my info but your spead sheet is cusomizable and all info on single sheet. Now if you could intragate it with quickbooks so you dont have to double enter

3. Chris W

Chris W LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Actually I am pretty sure you can ... there is an import data fuction so you can pull in data from external programs

I don't have quickbooks to experiment with it though.

Maybe someone else knows how ...or I am sure you accountant will know how to do the links