1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

costumer demands pay their water bill

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by garciajj612, Dec 10, 2012.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Chief said that he re-calculated the Mayan calendar and it stops on Feb 31. He didn't say which year though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

A lil liquor in the eggnog this morning boots?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

what, you wanted Iambic Pentameter?

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Dude had to stop writing it sometime. or he would still be writing it.

5. garciajj612

garciajj612 LawnSite Member

Can you please explain to me how I can use/make induction adapter. I def want to fix it now if I can figure it out. Thanks

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Check your PMs
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

You have the pictures and see its easy to build, next step is a pressure test.

Put 40 lbs on the system for a few minutes, release it and recharge it to 40 lbs for a couple of hrs.

If it leaks off quickly spray all connections with soapy water and seal any leaks.

If the system holds 40 lbs for 2 hrs there are no leaks. If you can't get the system to hold pressure, follow the mainline, the air will surface.

Any problems or questions call me and i will talk you through it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. RandalatA1Sprinklers

RandalatA1Sprinklers LawnSite Member

sounds like bs to me. how did they figure out it was a leak after the system was shut off. does not sound right. i would want them to show me where the leak is.

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like human nature to me. Water on, high water bill.

System off, lower water bill.

Customer and purveyor both point finger at installer.

Once a pressure test is performed, the installer can tell the customer 1 of 2 things.
    1) There is a leak, it will be addressed NOW!
    2) There is no leak. Pressure testing proves mainline and valve integrety.

If there is a leak, the difference in usage and leak can be calculated. Installer/customer/purveyor come to compromise in most instances.

I don't know why a test tee is not installed on every new system, the cost is mimimal.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. RandalatA1Sprinklers

RandalatA1Sprinklers LawnSite Member

customers never cease to amaze me. I had a guy this spring that turned his system on in April cuz we had a few nice days. then we had a hard freeze again which froze and split his pvb. he accused me of not winterizing right. when I got there his water was off but the drain ports on his pvb were closed. hmm, I had them open when I winterized it. even told him make sure he shut them when he turned on in spring. oops he forgot to open them back up before I arrived. he denied he turned it on early. told him I would fix it but I would have to charge him. he told me nevermind he would fix it. then this fall he called me to winterize it. told him no thanks, I didnt need his money. he was a jag from day one on his install. then his neighbor let it slip that he did have sprinklers on in april. just confirmed what i already knew.