could a ram 1500 carry a pallet of floratam?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jbannick18, Oct 22, 2007.

1. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

As title says, would it be wise to put a pallet of floratam in the back of a 99 dodge 1500? The pallet weighs about 3200 lbs. Thanks

2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't!!! What is the GVWR of your truck?? What is the weight of the vehicle under normal circumstances??

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would, its gona drag the a$$ on the ground but oh well

4. jbannick18

Weights: gross vehicle weight rating (kg) 2,903, curb weight (kg) 2,223, gross trailer weight braked (kg) 1,497, front axle weight (kg) 1,656, rear axle weight (kg) 1,769 and max legal load (kg) 680

Thats the info i found, its my friends truck and i don't really wanna risk messing it up

5. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Lbs. would help (don't worry 'bout getting the info).... I really wouldn't do it if the truck were not mine!

You'd look like a homeowner loading up wall block at Home Depot in the neighbor's Ford Ranger...

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i take that back dont do it if its not yours!!! go get a trailer

7. jbannick18

Ok thanks, i'll not do it

8. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Yep sure will. Done it before in Ram 1500 4x4. wasnt a problem. back end sat a little low, but it was fine.

I loaded a pallet into a Ranger once, it was short trip, and was like driving a boat that wouldnt get up on plane. But it made it. I dont think I would do it again, but circumstances forced me to use the ranger.

You should be fine with the dodge though.

9. jbannick18

Thats what I own is a 02 ford ranger 3.0l v6 atm. I put half a pallet in the back once and it sunk ><. I can't wait to get a HD next year

10. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Just Go Buy You A Real Truck. I Just Put A 3500lb Load Of Boulders In The Back Of My 3500 Dually And Then Hooked Up To A 11,500lb Trailer At The Same Time. Pulled Real Nice. Acutally Pulled Better With The Load In It Than With Out.