1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Could I get some help with info on Wright Sentars?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I've been waiting and waiting for a Sentar to come in to the dealer. I haven't even been able to get a price yet, muchless see or demo one.

It is my understanding that there was some sort of delay in production. But according to that info, units should have long since been shipped. Like a month ago.

I'm tired of waiting.

Does anyone have some useful info or pics they might offer?

2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

There are several threads on the Sentar, and there should be pic's on the Wright site. It is an interesting design with some pretty neat features. I have driven one for probably near a week, and had it long enough to know that it is not the machine for me. Make sure you Demo one before you buy one if that is your intention. The steering was very hard for me to get used to. It is very touchy, and I found it difficult to trac completly straight. You have to stop forward progress to use the deck lift assist, which is a big minus for me. I love the foot pedal design on the other riders. I was not impressed with it's ability to side discharge, always seemed to require multiple passes to make things look remotely tolerable.

3. Envy Lawn Service

I have seen what you describe to be the same on Great Dane Super Surfers as well. I've seen a couple out cutting. Both left horrible clumps and seemed to jerk around. I don't know how much of the jerk is from the operator. But it didn't impress me.

As far as the clumping goes, that may have been because the ones I saw had relatively low HP ratios. But I don't know for sure. But I do know that according to spec sheets, that some of them seem low HP to me.

A duplex behind one of my accounts was sold to a new owner a while back. They hired a guy to cut it with a Surfer. Me being curious, I sat and watched them. What a mess. I put the info on one of the forums when someone was looking to buy one. As a foot note to that, they were fired after that one cutting.
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Also, I checked out the site. No good pics of the rear of the unit and such. I really can't tell much about the seating other than it looks uncomfortable.

I'll do another search and see if I can come up with some pics.