Could my day get any worse?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Green Team Landscaping, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

so to start off the badness, my family and i are going to Maine for a week. and that was cool, until i found out that there's nothing entertaining to me there. Next, I had a couple of lawns to mow that i had to get done thursday and friday, which wouldnt be a big deal, if my dad could get me around this friday(which he cant due to work). Here comes the worst part...i went up to my dads house to mow one of the neighbor's yards, so i try my scag(which had a dead battery, but i wasnt sure if my dad had fixed it), and i twist the key and it wont turn. Now theres something more suvere than just a dead bettery which has happened before. so i try my toro and itsfine(as always) but i check the gas and theres none in the tank, and theres none in the spare take, and theres none at my moms. so im screwed. and lastly, as i was leavinh my dads house the garage door wouldnt shut so i pulled the red cord and it wouldnt roll down, so, not thinking, i pulled it down by one of the breaks in to so it can go up and down:hammerhead:. and i ended up pinching my finger in it and when i pulled it out, the skin from about a centimeter under the finger nail was ripped out. again im screwed because we have a playoff baseball game tonight. has anyone else been this screwed with breakdowns, gas, and injuries?

2. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

I have two words of advice:

Stay Home. :eek:

3. laxative

laxative LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Did that to 3 fingers on my left hand 2 years ago. It HURTS.

4. Green Team Landscaping

haha. i would love to, but the work just keeps piling up. and i dont trust my crew without me being there.

5. Green Team Landscaping

yeah. i know right. i wasnt thinking at all. if my phone was working i would take a pic of it.

6. Lawn_Boy

Lawn_Boy LawnSite Member

I know you're young, but it sounds like the problem lies with being too dependant on your parents.

You probably need to take more initiative and responsibility. For example, instead of hoping your mower was fixed and you had gasoline, you should have verified several days before you cut. I understand you might need help with repairs or rides to purchase gas, but other than that you just cannot depend on anyone else taking care of your responsibilities. I do feel for you, however it just sounds like some of your problems could have been avoided.

7. Green Team Landscaping

I'm not gonna lie, that was said well, and very true. I'm not even going to make an excuse for that, but just take that advice.

8. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

crew? can't trust your crew, then you shouldn't have them...imo

9. Green Team Landscaping

i know, i know. but its just this one kid that i only use when no one else is available. thats what i meant

10. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Well spoken! :drinkup: