Could not believe it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Davis Lawn Mowing LLC, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I was mowing a customer's residence today as usual. This woman happens to be a HUGE PITA. She constantly tells me I am not mowing to the edge of her property, which I am. She has explained to me her propertly line at the beginning of the season and even put stakes out there the first few times so I would follow it to a tee and I follow it each time and even had a chat with the gentlemen who lives next door and he told me the exact same thing as she has, what the border is and all. Lately she has been complaining up a storm that I am not following the property line and her yard is a mess because of it, yada yada yada. The guy next door loathes this woman, a big pain in the ass. She calls the police on him because his truck is too loud, he has a big block and leaves for work at 5:30am and it distrubs her precious beauty sleep according to him. I have held my tounge because it is a valuable property to me, $45 a week. Today was the final straw. I am mowing with my headphones on when all of a sudden I am pelted in the back with a god damn walnut the size of a baseball almost. I friggin freak out and damn near broke my stearing levers in half. I hop off my mower and turn around to see this old ***** standing there yelling at me about this stinking damn property line and blaming me listening to my headphones as the culprit. I personally think this lady is about 6 bagels shy of a dozen. The neighbor saw this whole thing and was listening and came over and let this lady know that I am following the property line perfectly and that she is at fault and should be lucky no one was seriously hurt for throwing this walnut at me. I actually have a nice welt in the middle of my back from it still, 5 hours later. I went up to her, and cancelled service and told her in a stern voice that if she were a man, she would be on the bad end of a severe beating. Thank goodness the neighbor had the week off this week or I dont know what would have happened. I lost $45 a week but jesus, I dont think I have been that freaked out and being blindsided while mowing ever. My heart rate was probably 200 beats a minute right when it happened, shook me up for a few moments. I almost wished she was a dude because it would have been great to beat the living hell out of him right there on her property.

2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Don't the feminists want equality? Throw her a beating in the name of equality! jk:)
    No customer has the right to do that. I've been startled many times by a customer getting my attention, but never in a hurtful way. You probably knew you weren't going to have the account for long from the sounds of it. PITA customers are always short term for me........ thank god. Picked one up today as a matter of fact. In the middle of the estimate i tried to get out of it, but he agreed to my price..... damn.

3. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

I was going to drop her for next year, I was just gonna tough it out this season and let her go. But after what she did today, if I was a drunk, she would have gotten that beating. :angel:

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Why didn't you just smack her in the forehead with the same walnut? She deserved it.

5. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I just realized the irony.... a nut, throwing nuts.:waving:

6. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Gotta love the irony. :angel:

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I would have been throwing so many "F" bombs at this lady, her head woulda spun!

Then I would have called the cops and taken photos of that welt.

A piece of sh*t like her needs to be taught a serious lesson, that you don't treat people like that!.

If I walked into a retail store and threw a walnut or rock at a female employee to "get her attention", and left a welt, you can be damn sure someone would call the cops and I'd be arrested (and rightfully so).

Why should it be any different in this situation? She assaulted you and you have a witness.
    You could be getting a lot more then $45 from her.

Teach the nutjob a lesson.

8. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I am sitting here fuming over this and it didnt even happen to me. You have a lot more self control than I do my friend my hats off to ya for not going off the deep end.

9. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Some properties, $45 or $245, are just not worth the money when the homeowner is a PITA, IMO

Jason

10. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I would have put that nut through the biggest window in the front of the house, loaded my trailer and left. What's she going to do? Call the police? We'd have been even at that point.

I can see the headline now:

"Local nut charged with assault with a nut"