1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Could someone please explain whats the point behind..

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by LynyrdSkynyrd, Aug 28, 2004.

1. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

the stupidly long sigs that people use to ether list all of the stuff that that own or wish that they owned?
    It is a surpise that no one has came up with "calius on the hemroids" yet...

Lawnboy 10356 scratched up deck, mud on the tire....... wait a sec.... scratch, scratch....sniff sniff...... AWWW MANNNNN.....STUIPD DOG......

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'm always amused when I read "Homelite Trimmer"
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yea, or the "vietnam vet, country flag nonsense." maybe i should add my high school football trophy?
  4. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

A lot of people list their equipment, most especially when they're new here, so when they post a question it gives those answering some idea of how they'll be tackling a job. I listed mine when I first came here. For others........like some of the young guys, they put their list up to help make their point. "Legitimize." Others.........well, I dunno.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Or, as someone pointed out on another thread, why do the young kids always put their age down there? (Followed by "Homelite Trimmer") You can usually tell by the grammar what age group they're in.
  6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, who really cares if someone owns "a bunch of shovels and hand tools"
  7. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I can't stand it when people do that.:blush:
  8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You can disable that option so you don't have to see a persons signature if you want.
    What you do is:
    click on profile
    click on edit options
    Scroll down to where it says:
    Show user's signatures in their posts?
    Click on "no"
  9. LynyrdSkynyrd

DOT approved 2" lettering?
    Tire plugs?

When I was Moderating a board it got so bad that we set a three line limit with X number of spaces. It sure cut down on the time that it took for a page to load back in the dial up days.
    1/4" Boxed in wrench
    5/16" Boxed in wrench
    3/8" Boxed in wrench
    1/2" Boxed in wrench
    9/16" Boxed in wrench
    Loaned to a friend
    3/4" Boxed in wrench (doubles as a ammer at times)......
  10. LynyrdSkynyrd

Thanks Major Tom
    I knew that V bulletin had that feature. Just could not remember where it was located.