Could someone tell me what this sprayer is called?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bill8379, Jan 27, 2008.

1. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not getting a response in the Pesticide section so I thought I would repost here.

I tried googling, pull behind sprayer, sprayer on dolly etc. I can't find it.

*sorry for posting your picture Lawntamer.

I like this because of the spray coming out, it looks good. The shurflo backpack has a wand which is iffy in my opinion. Is this a step up from a backpack?
  2. lwelve

lwelve LawnSite Member

Lesco/ John Deere Landscape makes something like this.
    May want to check there.
  3. bill8379

Hmm.. Lesco's web site is fubared. There is no pictures or information about anything. I couldn't find any sprayers at John Deere except for farmer's fields.
  4. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd like to know what that guy is applying from 5 ft. off the ground....
  5. lwelve

lwelve LawnSite Member

Lesco does not have the best web site around.
    We have a Lesco store close by, I saw something like this there.
    Tractor Supply may also have.
  6. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

bill, there are several companies manufacturing self contained walk behind sprayers.
    This is what you need to google.
    Check the Gregson Clark website and a few others as I know there are units made to drop into a Lesco or Scotts R8A walk behind spreader to convert the spreader into a walk behind spray unit.
    Expect a cost somewhere around $1000 to complete the assembly, ie. boom, pump, tank, a short hose and a decent wand.
  7. bill8379

Hey, thanks.

Man if I was going to spend a grand on that, I might opt for the full out skid sprayer.:laugh:

I'm trying to find an intermediary step that's cheap, I mean affordable, and can still get the job done properly. I'm not sure how many customers I'll get this spring. So far my best bet is shurflo back pack.