Could this be the one?? (MTL16)

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

My thoughts also!

Slow down don't jump on the first thing.For 1100 hours looks to be a rough 1100 hours to me along with the last one you posted.Price is okay ,but start throwing track parts at it then your at the same price the others are at.

I know your wanting to get something before the storms start moving in,but just getting anything wont help you if it is nickel and diming you to death.

I'm sure in your area there not to many that isn't on the rough side because where your located,and the price your wanting to spend.

You can get get overwhelm when buying and think this the only machine, in trutch there is million of them and there still making then.

Just look the machine over good, look at the sprockets ,tracks and idlers.If there shoot then price needs to reflect more then asking price,even at his asking price now.Good luck

2. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Normally it takes about 2000+ hours too do that to sprockets on this model.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I should get some better pics of the sprockets/tracks 2morrow. If i do decide to haggle, how low should in shoot for?

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I approve.

5. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Looks good enough for the money.
    You'll have far less problems with this than a Bobcat.

6. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

I thought similar when I saw that too. They look awfully pointy...like Case. Takeuchi's are bluntly rounded when new.

7. KrayzKajun

Would this machine have any issues lifting my sandbag attachment? Weighs it at around 2100pnds loaded.

8. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think so. It will pick up 275 gallon totes full of water which weigh more and might have more weight farther away from the machine.

9. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

Takeuchi's always seam to look rougher then what they are. The paint or primer that they use is horrible, It seams like it doesn't take much to scratch down to bare metal. That is a good price for my area, as long as nothing major is wrong.

10. KrayzKajun

I better run and buy it before Ron changes his mind.