Could you give me some info on a machine?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ProLandscapes, Feb 24, 2004.

1. ProLandscapes

ProLandscapes LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a Lazer Z with a Tri Vantage deck and a 25hp Kohler command Pro motor. The machine supposedly has only 205.1 hours per the owner. The serial # for the mower is 161846
    and for the motor is 2802018131. Could you tell me the year of manufacture and what important upgrades have been made since then? Also are there any recalls?

Thanks,
    Josh

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Josh,

You may want to double check the serial number. Our system shows the serial number is tied to a 36" walk behind. It could be a problem with our system however which is very possible.

If your unit is in the 160,000 serial number range there have been many improvements. The list is long but I'll do my best. The rear frame and front frame have both been beefed up quite a bit over the years, larger drive tires, larger front caster tires, better engines, improved hydro pumps, more reliable spindle assemblies, stronger decks, deeper decks, improved cutting quality, improved idler pivots, improved jack shaft assembly (bearings at the rear of the deck), stronger deck struts, improved seats, stronger electric clutches, better steering dampeners, more durable split steel deck pulleys, more durable front wheel bearings, improve caster pivot bearings, stronger deck lift mechanism, foot lift assist, larger fuel tanks, storage compartment, striping rollers, better air filters, pressure relief valves in the hydro pumps, improved mulch kit installation, removable floor pans, clean out ports on the engine, more reliable OPC system, improve wheel motor mounting, more reliable hour meters, more reliable PTO switch, longer lasting drive tires, better traction, roll over protectin systems (ROPS) stronger anti-scalp roller mounts, hardened and plated anti-scalp roller bushings, more durable key switch, improved park brake system, improved paint quality, improved fuel caps with larger openings and more speed. I'm sure there are quite a few things I'm missing. Never ending improvement.

There are no recalls on your machine if it is in the 160K serial range.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Terry

3. ProLandscapes

ProLandscapes LawnSite Member

What is the serial number range for the 25hp Kohler problem engines?

Thanks,
    Josh

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

josh,

There really isn't a serial number range for 25 hp Kohler issues.

Way back then Kohler had issues with the ignition coils and head gaskets. Both of which would have failed and been replaced with the latest greatest stuff long ago.

I wouldn't worry about either issue at this late date. It should be a solid engine if it's been maintained well.

Thanks,

Terry