Couldnt install sod, was rained out, sod is browning?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by MowinginEureka, May 6, 2010.

1. MowinginEureka

MowinginEureka LawnSite Member

So yeah, a week ago, the sod rolled in on the truck. The previous week when I ordered it, it was dry, weather had been dry. Well it poured that weekend, just poured. I have been checking it periodically. Its dry enough now, still wet in a few spots, but I think its dry enough to till and install the sod. Problem is, Im a little worried. I had to roll out the sod, I watered it a few times but now its starting to brown a little. I am going to go install tomorrow. Anything I should worry about?
  2. I would worry about losing your butt on that one, it doesn't sound good.
  3. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

We try to install sod the day it is cut or next day worst time check the forecast before ordering the sod. Water twice a day and it will prob bounce back.
  4. MowinginEureka

Errr. Can you be a little more specific?
  5. MowinginEureka

Yeah, I did check the forecast. It was supposed to be dry. Its the people were way off...I will have him water twice a day. Is there anything I should do to help make sure it takes root?

6. Just make sure its well watered.
  7. MowinginEureka

Thanks for the advice, makes me a lot less worried. Im NOT looking forward to rolling it all back up and loading, then unloading and installing....ugh...Should have bid higher...Live and learn, live and learn....
  8. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

once I see that I am going to be unable to work due to conditions, I cancel or delay all orders right away. Then you dont have this problem. That is what you should have done
  9. shooterm

shooterm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Its burned up so get new sod. I've seen companies lose multiple semi's of sod just because a work truck broke down :rolleyes:.
  10. bigslick7878

bigslick7878 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see any reason why you need to order sod a week ahead of time either, I can order mine at 2pm one day and have it delivered the next morning.

But anyway it is brown from lack of sunlight, water it and it will recover.