1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Couldn't resist posting this link....Can you find everything wrong in these projects?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by eastcoastjessee, Feb 10, 2011.

1. eastcoastjessee

eastcoastjessee LawnSite Member

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

the pic of the guys on a smoke break is lovely

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

sweet website and nice equipment and hes got work. Hes doing something right.

4. JerseyGreen

JerseyGreen LawnSite Member

not enough pictures of the blonde

5. DVS Hardscaper

How do you know if it's a "he"?

And how do you know "hes got work"?

I liked the picture of the tractor trailer. Because, that's what people really wanna see when shopping for a contractor :dizzy:

6. eastcoastjessee

eastcoastjessee LawnSite Member

Some of the pictures with guys on break are quite funny not sure why you would use pictures of your guys not doing anything.

But I was looking more at the craftsmanship and overall structural stability of this project. The level showing the wavey pavers. That pillar really concerns me. Its simply set on the base and looks to be 6' tall. Wall block not buried. Major gaps in the caps on the step/landing. No geogrid in the raised patio with the blonde.

It concerns me that contractors are doing this type of work and still have work.

I see an old ASV, nice equipment?

Overall its a pretty nice site, nice photography and the finished projects don't look bad.

7. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

What surprised me - given that the site seems to be pretty well laid out - is I really had to hunt to figure out where the company is located. Contact info on every page, people.

8. DVS Hardscaper

Age of equipment means nothing. My favorite machine is our 1997 Gehl skid steer. 10-degree outside and she fires right up. Faded paint but built like a tank and 100% reliable.

I noticed in the pics they are laying Pavers with no lines chalked in the sand, or nothing done to establish and maintain straight and square joint lines.

But hey as the common saying here at Lawnsite goes...."as long as it's done right it should be fine".........
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I agree they don't look bad, they look horrible! What a shame really that they pull off jobs like this and get away with it.

10. DVS Hardscaper

I don't think they have work, not right now anyway. Chambersburg is not busting with what's known as "old money".

The work he/she does have is because of rock bottom pricing.

Based on the wording and the mentality of the pictures, I'll guess the owner is in his / her early twenties.

But the cig break picture is priceless!! I was at my computer grinning for 10 minutes after I saw that!!!! I think I'll go back and save it!!

The website will not get them any sales, it not optimized at all.

Posted via Mobile Device