Couldn't resist posting this link....Can you find everything wrong in these projects?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by eastcoastjessee, Feb 10, 2011.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

All in all Ive seen much worse here on a regular basis. Pros include use of laser level, sand inside edge, no stone dust, tight soldier course cuts, and the crew looks taken care of with breaks and Rita's. Neither of which we get to enjoy. It is a shame that the project will settle as the fines move from lack of fabric behind the steps and wall. 6 out of 10 for me.

2. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

The methods look sloppy to me. Pic with blonde has wall block and a loaded wheelbarrow parked right on the edge of unrestrained pavers. They screed the sand and then walk all over it.
    Looks like they jump all over the jobsite doing a little of this, a little of that with the order screwed up. Maybe it's just me, but I like to finish the wall for a raised patio and then install the pavers.
    Not sure why they would include a pic of the customer's front lawn looking like a stoneyard.
    The finished jobs look OK.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  3. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought it was "but the customer's happy, that's all that matters."

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

some of you guys need jobs bad!

5. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

No " its what the customer Wanted"!

6. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

My feelings on some of the issues have changed during some of these low times in the economy.

If the customer does not want to pay for "A" work then dont give it to them. they get what they pay for. You can still make profit and give a good product doing "B" work. really installs are the same but you just dont spend as much time making things perfect (lines etc.).

7. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

that being said. slacking on lines is one thing but putting a seat wall on top of a retaining wall without grid is just stupid and they clearly don't know enough about the engineering behind retaining walls.

DVS: It is a he because it says who the owner is when you read the first page.