Count Down To 20,000 !!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sean Adams, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but as I write this (1:34 PM on Wednesday, June 17th) there are 19,956 registered members here at More than likely there will be 20,000 members by this time tomorrow. I don't really know what else to say....but how cool is that????

It would be a nice keepsake for me to see the home page screen with the actual number showing exactly 20,000 members. So whichever member first captures the screen and emails it to me at will receive a complimentary LawnSite t-shirt and mousepad.

I can't help but think how interesting it would be to get all 20,000 personalities at one place at the same time....I'm sure there would be quite a few hugs, handshakes, and maybe even a few fists here and there....maybe someday.

Thanks to everyone for making this the best forum and web site the green industry has to offer!!!
  2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

congrats! It must be awesome to see something you created has grown that much!
  3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I have to give credit where credit is due....

Chuck Keough started this site in 1998. It was his idea.... And then with the help of people like Eric Erickson, Jodi Murphy, Pierre-Luc Soucy, Mike Donovan and many others the site continued to grow and evolve. Eric is no longer with us, but you know he is looking down with a smile on his face. Jodi is still PRIMO-A-#1 moderator, Pierre makes it all happen from behind the scenes, Mike works hard to develop relationships with sponsors, and Chuck is still active as well.

Chuck and I had many discussions from 2000-2003 and I told him that with some time, effort, manpower and money, this site could move above and beyond what anyone could ever imagine - even him.

February 1, 2003 I took over the site with a little over 7,000 members. There is still a lot of work to do and many more things on the horizon for this site and it is all possible because of the members and the sponsors.

Here's to the next 20,000.....:drinkup:
  4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well you can tank Turf mag. For putting several discussions here on lawnsite into their mag. Other wise I would have never found this site.
  5. lawnjockey51

lawnjockey51 LawnSite Member

I am a guy who failed miserably at this business 20 years ago, now I am getting ready to do it again ... the right way .... I found this site a few weeks ago and I feel as though I have recieved a PHD in the lawn care industry. I have learned so much about everything from mowers and trimmers, to trucks and trailers. Heck, I even learned about dog poop, now where else could you go to get an education in dog poop?

So to all those responsible for starting this site and building it to it's unique status ... I thank you.
  6. new-man

new-man LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

how do you get a screen shot?
    i want that t-shirt and mousepad
  7. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats Chuck and Sean. It always nice to see something you start no matter what it is to become a success.

Have many have actually posted in the last year? 500?. I imagine most of those are not in the business now.
  8. Geoffrey

Geoffrey LawnSite Member

Hello guys just wanted to add that word of mouth will continue to enlarge this site. I'm very new here but have told many people I know from school (turfgrass management) about it. They had no idea it even existed until I told them. Keep up the good work and great site!

9. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

DLS1 .. In the last 24 hours alone 928 registered / logged in members have visited This does not even count all those who are not logged in, and lurkers. (which seems to be about 60/40 ratio.) 60% of the current members online at any given time are logged in and the other 40% are lurkers or members who are not logged in.
  10. when i signed up i dont think there were 3000 members lol