Country Clipper Charger 52" or 60" deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gro2mow, Jun 23, 2005.

1. gro2mow

gro2mow LawnSite Member

To anyone who has purchased the 52" deck, do you regret not going to the 60" with more overhang. It looked like the 52" had about 1/2" overhang whereas the 60" had about 5".

Granted I would like additional overhang of the 60" to get in and around bushes, but then the 52" will go in a few more place the 60 won't.

Presently using a DR 46 which is going on 7 years. This was the one with the plastic deck, w/o anti scalp rollers. I'm getting tired of the scalping. And this was the one with the gas filler at a 45 degree angle, so you can only cut slopes from one direction or gas drips out. I would like to retire this machine to only bush hog use.

My 2 acre yard is mostly flat or slightly sloped, but in the back there are two 30-35 degree slopes which need to be cut across. Grass accounts for about 1/2 acre and fields the balance. Would like to convert about a half acre of fields to lawn.

Did get a chance to see the Chargers, but torn between the deck sizes. Those of you with the 52", is it something you are willing to live with?
  2. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I have demoed the charger go with the 60" sweet machine!