Country Clipper - Charger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snowjeep, Apr 10, 2008.

1. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at a 60" country clipper charger but have two questions. First I have always run kawasaki motors but the model I want has a 29hp kohler pro. Anything about this motor I should know about? The second is it does not have fans on the hydro pumps but does have a big hydro oil cooler mounted behind the seat. Is this just as good or a problem waiting to happen?

2. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

You must be referrring to the 30hp kohler command. This engine had some carb issues in the past but has since been corrected! The charger is a good machine I have a friend who has one with a 27hp kohler and it has just under 3000hrs on it! He hates the machine but says he would buy another one in an instant because it will mow any hill he wants to put it on!

3. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Fans are not a problem most z mowers do not have them! Country Clipper just seems to be getting stronger and stronger around here! I have seen many of the boss and chargers in use!

4. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

they look nice. The flip up deck is the only reason I would look at one though.

5. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

I've never seen anyone on a country clipper in my area. All I've seen is what's on their website.

6. WREBELMACHINE

Well lets see flip up deck choice of joystick or twin stick. Articulating deck!! Wide choice of engine!! The charger is the best hillside mid cut mower out there!! And very quality cut in wet grass!!

7. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Senior Member

The Country Clipper Charger has a pivoting front axle and the mower deck is attached to it, which means that it follows the front axle (Everride uses the same type of system), however it is NOT a true articulating deck because the deck is not jointed, it is one solid piece deck. The Lastec mowers have True, articulating deck sections and they are jointed and will move independently. I know that Country Clipper's website says that they have an articulating deck but if you look up the definition of articulation or articlating in a dictionary, I think that you'll agree with my statement. That said, I like the Country Clipper Charger and Boss models. The flip up deck is a nice feature. They have a good selection of engine options, evidently they are Very good on hills and the single lever joystick control is intriguing. Razorblades

8. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I like having the deck follow the front wheels. Should have a nice contouring effect on rolling terrain.

9. WREBELMACHINE

I have some Encore Prowlers that articulate they do groom very well!