Country Clipper Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dnemo, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Dnemo

Dnemo LawnSite Member

New to this forum so excuss me if I screw this up.
    What can you guys tell me about country clipper mowers, mainly the charger, boss, and walk-behind models, I'm interested in buying some equipment and the prices appear to be pretty good. New dealer in my area trying to get foot in the door.

2. luv2mow

luv2mow LawnSite Member

I recently looked long and hard at the Country Clippers. My dealer also sells Dixie Choppers and thats what i went with. I do not mow commercially so its only for me and I mow about 3-5 acres per week. I liked the Clippers really well. Hold a hill much better than the Dixie will for sure. Quality of cut I have to say Dixie all the way. As far as price they were a little cheaper than Dixie Chopper but overall a good mower for the money. In my non-professional, non biased opinion. Good mower just not at the level of a Dixie Chopper,Scag or Exmark all of which i have demoed extensively. My choice was based on dealer support alone because I cant fix it myself. Hope this helps and good luck!

3. Dnemo

Dnemo LawnSite Member

The Country Clipper has some interesting features not offered by exmark, dixie, hustler, etc. The joystick control, articulating front axle with floating deck, and the stand up deck feature. Not to mention there selling a 60" charger at just under $7,000. I looked at a Lazer Z 60" and it was over $8500. I'm looking for feedback guys.

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Sorry.. this seems almost like an advertising attempt.

5. Dnemo

Dnemo LawnSite Member

Sorry I see your point, I'm just trying to find out if it's to good to be true or are clipper mowers not the same quality as Exmark, Huslter etc.. or is the cost savings worth the risk, I am new to the buisness and from what I understand from most of the guys I have talked to around here they only run there mowers 3,000-4,000hrs.

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I've come to be wary of any brand that our MTD distributor keeps trying to push on us. If they weren't going around pushing em.. maybe I'd hold em in a higher regard.

7. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

One of the largest companies around here uses a charger and a boss and likes them alot. there only complaint I have heard was they wished the boss would run faster. As far as I know they have had no breakdowns out of the ordinary. These guys also use dixie exmark and yazoo.

8. Dnemo

Dnemo LawnSite Member

Can anybody tell many anything else about these mowers. Negative or positive. I am trying to make and informed decision. Thanks again.

9. Wil22

Wil22 LawnSite Member

I looked at the country clipper a few months ago and did a search on lawnsite. I was suprised. Most had positive responses about the clipper.

10. bantam

bantam LawnSite Member
    from iowa

IMHO the Country Clipper will run with the best of them. The Boss is a somewhat heavier mower than the Charger. Seems to me the newer Boss mowers run up around 12 or 13 mph