1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Country Clipper Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dnemo, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Dnemo

Dnemo LawnSite Member

Dealer Here,

Just got back from Country Clipper, Shindaiwa, and Kohler update school today. Got some interesting information for anyone considering A Country Clipper mower or any of you Country Clipper Fans out there. They have added what they call the "QRS" system to the deck. on the Jazee all the way up to the BOSS. Bascially, all you have to do is let the deck all the way down, release the belt tension lever, undo the belt from the PTO, pull the QRS hand lever and you can stand the deck straight up for blade changes, spindle service, or cleaning under the deck. To lift the deck back up you just reverse the process. They also said that the BOSS will be getting larger pumps and wheel motors (they currently use 12cc hydro-gear pumps and 1-1/4" shaft Parker Ross Wheel Motors). They did'nt say how much bigger though. But they did say an Air Cooled 37hp Kawasaki was going to be available on the BOSS also. Smells like some serious power and maybe some more ground speed (currently 12mph). Not available just yet, but I can't wait to get one in.

By the way Kohler also announced the introduction of 34,36,&38hp engines in both the Vertical & Horizontal configuration will go into production this year. Sadly though you probably won't see them on any new mowers until next year though.
  2. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I think that I would love a deck made like that for weekly cleaning and serviceing. Very good concept.
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

As you probably already know... I've ALWAYS liked Country Clipper. They were actually the first ZTR I ever found that I actually had any respect for (2002) and had there not been a mix-up (long story) the 02/03 Zeton (same as the Boss) would have been my first pick and my first ZTR.

So I'm glad to hear about the updates... I'll have to put that in mental storage.

Country Clipper needs to update their website about as much as anything.... LOL
  4. Dnemo

Dnemo LawnSite Member

The outdated website was actually brought at the meeting yesterday. There I.T. department is supposedly working on either a newsite or updating the old one.
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I think it has only seen minor updates a couple of times over the last 5 years, and what's worse is that the site they had really does not do their units justice at all.
  6. rogdogg

rogdogg LawnSite Member

I just bought the Country Clipper Jayzee pro 48 inch Z with a 20 hp Kohler for 1,300!!!!! So psyched! Oh yeah-it has only 145 hrs on it! Very close to Mint. Love me a bargain!

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not use anything that small any more but I would have bought that in a heartbeat! Does the 48" jazee pro have the articulating deck on it like the bigger mowers?
  8. rogdogg

rogdogg LawnSite Member

Uhm, not sure,it can be removed and flipped up,it is a 2006,quite a steal,god bless craiglist!