Country Clipper Mulching Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dkarol, Aug 9, 2005.

1. dkarol

dkarol LawnSite Member

We mow "Manufactured Housing Resort Communities" using JaZee II (52") and JaZee (44") mowers. The largest community being about 400 homes on over 50 acres. Three mowers / one day. The size (width & height) of these mowers is perfect for the application and we've not had too many terrible problems with the equipment. Given that these are not "commercial" mowers, we will continue to use them since they do a nice job and fit where they have to go, including under the very low tree branches (joystick control allows a free hand to keep the branches out of your face). However, I am facing a dilemma. I can't buy the 18 3/8" mulching blades for the JaZee II (52") from anyone but a Country Clipper Dealer. The price is, in my opinion, ridiculously high from them. Each blade is $20.10! That's $60.30 a set. We change blades on these machines after 4 hours of use (very sandy soil that tears up blades) and can resharpen them only about 4 or 5 times max. before they are totally unusable. Since the "trailer Parks" are only one aspect of our business, it's not a question of using the other "commercial" machines we use elsewhere, but WHY CAN'T I BUY THESE DARN BLADES ANYWHERE ELSE FOR A "FAIR" PRICE as I can for all of our other mowers (f.i. from J-Thomas)? Has anyone found a reasonable source for these 18 3/8" mulching blades?

2. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

The dealer here sell country clipper blades including the mulcher blades for $12 each.

3. chucks lawn

chucks lawn LawnSite Member

my name is chuck i also have a country clipper 52 in cut jazee, where is the best place you found to order mulching blades for the country clipper? thanks email chucks_paint@yahoo.com.