country clipper vs exmark xs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mouse, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mouse

mouse LawnSite Member

I am going to buy a new mower in the next couple of days. My two best dealers in this area are a country clipper and an exmark dealer the. My choices are a Country Clipper Boss with a 28 EFI kohler or an Exmark lazer XS with a 29 DFI kawaski liquid cooled both with 60 inch decks. so far the biggest advantage I see for the clipper is the price about 3 thousand less with 2 years no interest weight about 3-4 hundred less the Country Clipper dealer is right in the heart of my route. the Exmark provides a better quality of cut and better hydros. Help me decide. I like both these dealers the same.
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I think I would go with the Country Clipper.

Better on hills, better ride, articulating deck for uneven ground, flip up deck, better serviceability, etc...

The 28EFI Kohler is also of simplier design and uses far less fuel at about the same power output.

Country Clipper also provides a much cooler running hydro system. Should last longer and fade less... but may be smaller cc displacement... can't remember.

With a little tweaking on the deck adjustments and engine RPM, it "should" cut as well if not better.... as the deck design is fairly similar. Not a guarantee... but "it should"... ya know?

Myself.... I just don't see what the extra $3,000 plus finance charges, plus the extra interest period is really buying you that is worth it... ya know?

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned exmark and I have demoed the Clipper and am buying Four 72" efi clippers! Does that tell you anything! The clipper hydro's are excellent and the cut Is so close in what I do I cannot tell the diffrence! Out of curriosity what are they pricing the Clipper EFI for?
  4. mouse

mouse LawnSite Member

I bought the country clipper today the price was about 9300 including tax and chevron tires. Thanks guys for the help.
  5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

WOW !!! i have 4 lazers. I think its time to take a look at these. Our local hardware justed picked up the Country clipper line. I thought it was junk just cos they gave the dealership to a hardware store but i guess it sounds like i need to check them out
  6. mouse

mouse LawnSite Member

My dealer also threw in the jack for the flip up deck.

Congrats on the Clipper I think you made a wise choice! The dealer here is getting $8999 for a 60" Boss with the EFI on it! Make sure your deck has been reset for the Chevron tires because they are shorter than the originals!

Make sure you look at the Boss or Yhe Charger!