1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

country clipper walk-behinds?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MONTE, Dec 3, 2002.

1. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at a couple of hydro countryclipper walk to replace my encore walks. Not that there is anything wrong with my encore mowers but the distribator canned the only good dealer in my area and now he is considering the country clipper. I like the controlls on it a lot better than encore and the deck seems a lot better built! Does anyone have any input?

GRASS PRO LawnSite Member

I am hoping there is some good input on this because I too am looking for something to replace my encore walk!

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys must have heard the same thing I did today. How stupid can a company be to can the people who made them what they are around here! I had always defended encore on there walks in the past but now with no service available I too will be switching to whatever bill decides to replace it with. I do not know anything about country clipper but it looks good on the web site don't care for there rider. I bet there will be alot of used encore walks for sale this comming year.
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The Trek looks good to me. I like the flip up deck too. Country Clipper and Dixon are the same for those that don't know. I saw the Dixons some time back.
  5. bantam

bantam LawnSite Member
    from iowa

Actually, Country Clipper and Dixon ARE NOT one and the same. Clipper only built some SELECTED models for Dixon for a few years.
  6. Envy Lawn Service

These are not the same mower?

Country Clipper

7. Envy Lawn Service

8. bantam

bantam LawnSite Member
    from iowa

O.K. here is the inside deal,from the factory @ Country clipper (Shivvers Mfg.). Shivvers designed and built some selected models and nameplated them for Dixon a few years back. Dixon purchased the manufacturing rights to these models and started building those selected models themselves. Shivvers manufactured and nameplated similair units under the Country Clipper name during that same time period.

Since the purchase of manufacturing rights Dixon has redesigned much of the machines that were once built for them by Shivvers Mfg. And simultaniously Country Clipper made there own design up-grades.

SO.... although these two units APPEAR to be similair in design they are not any more. The cosmetics are still close due to the fact that they ONCE USED TO BE almost twins, designed and built by Shivvers Mfg. But if you look closer at the construction and components in these two units you will find that they are indeed different units (different deck construction, different wheel motors, different pumps, different deck lift, etc....) .

....And that "is the rest of the story"........

9. Envy Lawn Service

Interesting chunk of info there. You must own or maybe used to own one of these mowers to be that up on the history.
  10. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

I got to see a country clipper friday. Seems like a real nice unit.