Country Clipper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by recliner10, Nov 4, 2000.

1. recliner10

recliner10 LawnSite Member

Has anyone heard of the Country Clipper ZTR ? What do any of you think of them? Thanks Terp

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I did not think they looked to good. They looked second rate.

3. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I'll second that. Unless they have changed since 98 you should steer clear.

4. Mowin4cash

Mowin4cash LawnSite Member

A buddy of mine has one of the country clippers. He was so impressed by that little joy stick that he bought one "INSTEAD" of a Dixie Chopper. Now that he's burned spindles, pulleys, and a whole transmission in 200 hrs, he's cryin da blues! I love saying, "I told ya so!"

5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering never heard of this machine, who make it? Sounds like a piece of well it happens, 200hrs and all those problems. Hard to believe someone turned down a dixie for that.

6. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

recliner10,
    Check out this website: http://www.shivvers.com/
    I demoed a Country Clipper at a dealership. I still have my Dixie Chopper!

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I saw one at a dealer as a demo. The dealer decided nt to carry them after he demoed it. I've never seen any others, ever!

8. toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

weve, you link brought up a Page Cannot Be Displayed screen, did the site get shut down, or what? sounds like if all that happend with 200 hrs those are targets for GrassMasters Mower Crimes in the off topic forum. lol, thanks

9. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

toddman35, The site worked when I posted this morn, but doesn,t now. It says:
    20,000 Zero Turn Mowers Produced
    We are also one of the most experienced manufactures and designers of Zero Turn Mowing equipment. Shivvers Manufacturing Inc. has been designing and manufacturing Zero Turn Equipment for the Outdoor Power Equipment industry since 1984. This experience and attention to detail is evident in today's Country Clipper Zero Turn mowers. We have been manufacturing equipment for over 30 years, and this experience shows in every product we build.
    It also says:
    Shivvers make a variety of rugged, powerful, fast moving, zero degree turning radius mowers.
    More on the "stick with an attitude" mower coming soon.

It sounds like they have plans to update their website. I think they have made mowers for Snapper in the past.

10. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

country clipper used to make all the ZTR's for SNAPPER. now snapper makes their own.and i know penty of guy's round here that love em and have thousands of hours on them.they use the same hydros as walker.