Couple more 40 plus VTS pics on 216 Cat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KRtraxx, Sep 20, 2008.

1. KRtraxx

KRtraxx LawnSite Senior Member

The performance of both the 216 Cat and the 175 New Holland amazed the guys who drove them with this new style 15"VTS. I seriously doubt I will do much promoting of any factory track machines in this size class after running these units.Will be trying them on a Cat 226,Gehl 4640 and a Bobcat 185 shortly..
    By the way I guess the proper Loegering name for these units is the "40 Plus VTS"

roller VTS1.jpg

roller VTS2.jpg

roller VTS3.jpg

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

What was the width on the 175?

3. KRtraxx

It ended up being 74". Loegering called for inch and a half spacers on it but we found we didnt need them on this unit so we saved 3 inches.
    The Cat ended up being just under 72".We did require spacers on this unit.But I think we could get by with 1" instead of the One and a halfs ...

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

How wide would a 15" set be on a 420? Did you increase NH's market share this week(wink,wink)?

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

How wide are the 216 and 226 after the VTS is on?

6. KRtraxx

I dont know the Case 420 width yet..Not all the specs are printed up for this yet.I am going to guess about 72-73" with this new 40 plus..
    The Cat 216 and 226 ended up being about 71"..A 72" bucket covered it well and it handled it extremely well. I think on a 226 it will outperform the 247 in most if not all conditions.This is most evident in wet conditions where the VTS wants to climb on top the soil with its attack angle on the front of the track being much better.
    Add to this the superior trade value of a wheeled skid and the MUCH lower operating costs of the VTS and this combo is a sure winner...

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

What about the weight of the VTS frames?

8. KRtraxx

They are 905# per side..

9. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Ktraxx is this system available from loegering or where did you buy these systems ???

10. KRtraxx

Yes you can get them from Loegering soon..Its not on their website yet as these 2 sets were two of the first ones for demo in the midwest. I have sold and serviced all the VTSs since the day they came out. PM me if you want my phone number.I will gladly answer any and all questions on these you have..I am a sales rep for ASV,Mustang and New Holland but tracks of all kinds for skids are my specialty..