Couple more Stripe pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by trk53, Apr 30, 2006.

1. trk53

trk53 LawnSite Member

Picture 042.jpg

Picture 041.jpg

Picture 042.jpg

Picture 041.jpg

2. wacaweed

wacaweed LawnSite Member

Very nice stripes, what kind of striper do you use

3. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice stripes, i really like them when they have the almost white and dark green effect!

4. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

wow thise are wicked nice stripes.

5. climber

climber LawnSite Member

Really nice stripes one of the best Ive seen on here! But this always gets me... How do you do that little stripe next to the white gravely and mulch? Ill show a pic so you can understand what Im saying

Picture%20041.jpg

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

that little stripe was from him trimming around that bed with the mower and making the grass the darker color, then on the next pass he went over it and pushed it the other way, making it a lighter stripe but a little bit of the old dark stripe remained on the edge, if that makes any sense

7. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

allright well dark striped are coming toward you and whites are going with you, that said he was coming toward where he took the picuture and mowed right up close to the gravel then he moved another stripe over and went back the toher way, but he ran back over some of to keep it straight, but not all of the grass, he hit earlier therefor leaveing the little stripe and making the stripes look flawles and stright.

8. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, took the words right out of my mouth.

9. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

is that just one cut(week), cutting stripes in that direcetion?

if you change angles of cut will this stripe still show up in folowing weeks?

10. trk53

trk53 LawnSite Member

yes, I change direction every other mowing . This lawn I call the lawn from Hell .I mow it every 4-5 days. This gentleman did all the landscaping and installed the lawn. He pours on the fert. and irrigates. It is the thickest and greenest lawn I have ever seen. So by the time I mow other direction it leaves a hint of the stripes in the other direction. I take great pride in my mowing and stripeing and go the extra mile to lay down a perfect striped lawn.I may not be the best or even close but I want to feel good about my work when I drive away.