1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Couple ???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cat2, Apr 13, 2010.

1. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Whats a good way to clean the crank? It was in a shed and someone swept the shed out and dust got all over. Someone said use break cleaner?

What are the tq specs for the rod bolts and head bolts?

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Brake cleaner is the miracle degreaser for anything that needs to be cleaned of grease and Al Gore isn't behind your back.

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Brake cleaner is good but you should read the I did and it makes me a lot more cautious I use brake cleaner quite abit for cleaning.

www.brewracingframes.com/id75.htm

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Scary sh*t right there, I use it to clean my king pin and hitch and grease off my gloves, but I use the stuff that evaporates quickly, and I never use heat on it like with a torch.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The scary sh*t for me is I was using brake clean to set the beads on my truck tires because it is flamable if you ever seen the stuff burn it is like a flame thrower.

At the diesel shop I hang around at they have brake clean in 5 gallon cans and use pump sprayers you light the mist of brake clean it flames up good :laugh:

I will still use brake clean but I will be more carefull when using it. It burns like hell if you get some in your eyes.