Coupon Clippers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cooperlandscaping, Jun 18, 2008.

1. cooperlandscaping

cooperlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from NE ohio

Has anyone ever advertised in one of those monthly coupon magazines that come in the mail. We have one in NE Ohio called the gold clipper i was wondering how that worked out for you or if you know some one that has. i know everyone has there own ways to get customers. But my thinking is due to high prices of almost everything and some lco's raising there prices to much. people will try to value shop more and start looking in those magazines.
    So please give me your input.

51,000 Houses delivered every month
    $380 a month they design and help you with the layout
    half page spread
    no min. number or months to advertise so i figure feb,march,april,may
  2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i would say the local paper would be cheaper and in there daily..thats what i do here, advertise for 30 days at a time..out of the 51,000 homes, how many people really look at them, is what i would be thinking..people always read the daily paper..just my 2 cents :dancing:
  3. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, alot of people read the comics!
  4. bscofield07

bscofield07 LawnSite Member
    from PSL, Fl

YES!!!!!!!! Coupon clipper yielded me 16 new contracted customers so far this week

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

the biggest LCO in my area advertises in it every month and has for a few years so it must work for him.
  6. B & B Yardscape

B & B Yardscape LawnSite Member

Can I assume that the $380 for a half page for a month is for 1 issue? It is around here. I think the price is probably good. I think that you would have to have the half page size to make people see it. I also think you better take a good long time to develop your ad. Make it about 1 main service, like lawn mowing, fall clean up, hardscape install, but then have important items about your company and the other things that you do. Stuff like we give FREE estimates. I would probably give an across the board percentage discount, (10%-15%) instead of giving a dollar figure.($5 - $10) off. Or do a "whichever is GREATER"

Cooper Landscaping is offering the larger of either 10% or $5 OFF the cost of your lawn maintenance. CALL us for a FREE quote and when you sign up for the rest of this year and all of next year we will deduct either 10% or $5 off of each occurance.

I would design something and then post it for others on LS to critique it.