Coupons?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Mar 6, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

What do u guys think about including a coupon on the flier if u are just starting out? Say 10%-20% off the first 2-4 cuts? Would that be an eye catcher; something that would make the person hold onto your flier?

2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I did a free cut, but only if they stay with me for the entire season, the 26th cut is free.

3. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you know why you rarely see a coupon for Starbucks? It's because they don't compete on price. They are selling the experience.

4. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at some other threads from some northeastern lco's and some said that their season is thirty weeks. When you don't do it professionally, you never really think about it until you go to start a lawncare business. Anyway, I put 10% off their first cut on my first door hanger but I like your idea waaayyy better and on my next batch I will definitely do that.

5. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

And starbucks is an established act. But what do people do just starting out? What would make me try out a new person over an established act? Some kind of benifit like 20% off. But to each his own

6. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Do you have the millions of dollars that it takes to get the exposure that starbucks gets? I don't, so I offer a coupon to get new business. Once my clients see that I am a first class act, they will not leave for another company, even if they do offer a coupon

7. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

i offer a one time cut for $25, so the home owner can see how good of work i do, then i sign them up, That Easy!